304M, 304HC, and 316 are the most widely used materials […]
304M, 304HC, and 316 are the most widely used materials of 300 series austenitic stainless steels. The obvious difference between the materials is: the magnetic properties of the material after cold working are 316<304hc<304m.
Compared with 304M and 304HC, 316 material resists chemical corrosion, pitting corrosion and seawater corrosion resistance. The main chemical composition has a certain relationship with the performance of stainless steel.
1. Requirements for the mechanical properties of stainless steel locknut materials, especially strength;
2. The requirements of working conditions on the corrosion resistance of materials;
3. The requirements of the working temperature on the heat resistance of the material (high temperature strength, oxidation resistance);
4. Requirements for material processing performance in terms of production technology;
5. Other aspects, such as weight, price, and purchasing factors must be considered.